Hungarian Conference Interpreter | Hungarian Interpreter Services
We attended several conferences in Budapest and needed a couple of Hungarian Conference Interpreters to help us make sense of the various lectures. Your services were highly professional, please do thank your team on my behalf. Tiberius, Hotel 55 London Ealing, https://hotel55-london.com
Our professional Hungarian Translators, Hungarian Interpreters / Hungarian Conference Interpreters have obtained the appropriate qualifications and they have solid relevant experience (they are experienced in business interpreting). They abide by professional standards of ethics, conduct and practice and they are acquainted with the latest technologies in the field.
OUR HUNGARIAN CONFERENCE INTERPRETER SERVICES
GAAL | Why Choose Me?
My name is Gaal, I am a certified freelance translator and Hungarian Conference Interpreter. Apart from familiarity with general, legal and financial translations, I am particularly experienced in EU affairs. I completed a six-month traineeship at the Directorate-General for Translation of the European Parliament which proved to be extremely useful in terms of my professional development.
During my work, I capitalise on the following strengths:
▪ ability to grasp complex concepts
▪ attention to detail
▪ regular, advanced user of CAT tools (memoQ, SDL Trados Studio, WorkBench etc.)
▪ ability to strictly adhere to (close) deadlines
▪ intellectual curiosity about diverse topics
▪ high motivation for constant self-improvement
▪ ability to cope well with increased workload and added pressure
▪ very responsive to feedback
I believe that the above qualities and skills will allow me to deliver high-quality Hungarian linguistic services to my clients thereby satisfying all their needs.
I discovered a passion for languages early in my childhood. Ever since then, I have wanted to work as a mediator between cultures. I am always looking for ways to perfect a text linguistically and I do thorough research to ensure that the quality of my work is consistently high.
Apart from Hungarian Translation Services and interpreting from Hungarian to English and English to Hungarian, I enjoy reading literature, being with my friends and doing sports. I also instruct skiing and snowboarding during winter.
I am a Hungarian Translator / Hungarian Interpreter open to new ideas and innovation, and I am very curious about the “workings of the world” which comes handy when translating diverse topics (be it legal, financial or technical translations).
I am a Hungarian Translator and Hungarian Interpreter highly motivated to further develop my skills and competencies through attending various seminars/webinars, conferences and acquiring new languages, while deepening my knowledge and expanding my specialised vocabulary in the ones I already know.
For my thesis, I translated a report made by the European Union Institute for Security Studies. The report – bearing the title Arab futures: Three scenarios for 2025 – dealt with the future of the Middle East and addressed socio-economic, geopolitical, religious and environmental issues.
On a voluntary basis, I assisted on of my professors and showed example to fellow students by holding presentations on how to approach translation assignments and research terminology.
* My courses included general, economic and legal translation, CAT tools, terminology research, EU studies, audiovisual translation and project management, to name a few.
During my traineeship in the EP, I participated in various projects and seminars related to terminology research, CAT tools, DG-TRAD workflow, and translation project management.
I also completed two Terminology projects in the fields of Human Rights and IT & Social Media, the results of which have been stored in IATE, the term base used by EU institutions.
Finally, I participated on a voluntary basis in the Focus Group for the development of the EP’s annually published Multilingual Dictionary of New Words.
During my BA, I spent an Erasmus academic year in Germany, and earlier I was a high-school exchange student in the USA.
Hungarian Telephone Interpreting services, Hungarian Conference Interpreting studies
Some of my previous assignments:
▪ Hungarian interpreting services / Hungarian Translation Services for a French photo journalist (Mediapart) between the Mayor of Érpatak and public workers
▪ Hungarian interpreter services / Hungarian Translation Services of Q&A session with the director at the Budapest International Documentary
▪ Hungarian Chuchotage conference interpreting services on a conference on how to become successful in business
I also have considerable experience in the field of marketing, law and economics. Some of my previous assignments included:
▪ audiovisual Hungarian Translation Services for UniCredit bank
▪ corporate summary on management of smart lighting systems
▪ Hungarian Translator of a MA thesis on business and marketing strategies
▪ website localisation
▪ Hungarian Translator and Hungarian Interpreter for the European Parliament, Directorate-General for Translation
▪ Hungarian Translator and Hungarian Interpreter for thebigword Group Ltd.
▪ Hungarian Translator and Hungarian Interpreter for UniCredit bank
▪ Hungarian Translator and Hungarian Interpreter for Abstrct Group Ltd.
▪ Hungarian Translator and Hungarian Interpreter for Mediapart
▪ Hungarian Translator / Hungarian Interpreter for Budapest International Documentary Festival
▪ Hungarian Translator / Hungarian Interpreter for The Walt Disney Company
I am planning to apply to be a member in a currently forming association of Hungarian freelance translators and interpreters called “sz<3ft“.
Precision, intellectual curiosity and dependability above all allow me to satisfy every Hungarian linguistic need of my clients.
“Translation is that which transforms everything so that nothing changes.” /G.G./
GABOR | Why Choose Me?
I have 15+ years experiencea as a Hungarian Conference Interpreter and translator, IAPTI member, ProZ Certified Pro, Trados Studio 2015, no missed deadlines, a passion for natural flow
– Business, marketing
– Technical (automotive)
– Professional Hungarian translator since 1999
– Passion for natural flow
– 300+ satisfied clients
– 5 million+ translated words
– University degree in translation and interpretation (2006, University of Debrecen, Hungary), qualified Hungarian Translator / Hungarian Interpreter
– IAPTI, ProZ Pro, TWB membership
– Trados Studio 2015
– MS Office
– Daily Hungarian translation services output: 3000 words
– Daily proofreading output: 6000 words
Key (recent) achievements:
– 25,000 words; Hungarian Translation Services in Electrical engineering EN>HU
– 50,000 words; Hungarian Translation Services of Manual of animal slaughtering equipment EN>HU
– 10,000 words; Hungarian Translation Services of Minutes of the annual meeting of an international retailer EN>HU
– 3,000 words; Hungarian Translation Services of Sawmill manual EN>HU
– 5,000 words; Hungarian Translation Services of Accounting text, annual report HU>EN
– 10,000 words; Hungarian Translation Services of Ventilation system manual EN>HU
– 5,000 words; Hungarian Translation Services of Construction plans EN>HU
– 10,000 words; Hungarian translation Services of Trial Fermentation HU>EN
– 15,000 words; Hungarian Translation Services of Applied Biosystems Field Service Plan Specification EN>HU
– 120 pages; Hungarian Translator in Solar energy sector EN>HU
– 5,000 words; Hungarian Translator of Phone marketing material EN>HU
– 7,000 words; Hungarian Translator of Electrical engineering HU (proofreading)
– 5,000 words; Hungarian Translator of Tender documentation HU>EN
– 10,000 words, Hungarian Translator of Electrical engineering documentsHU>EN
– 8,000 words, Hungarian Translation Services for Company data privacy training EN>HU
– 5,000 words Hungarian Translation Services of Marketing material EN>HU
– 12,000 words Hungarian Translator in the Automotive industry EN>HU
– 25,000 words Hungarian Translator in the Railway lighting sector EN>HU
– 32,000 words, Hungarian Translation Services of Marketing material for lubricants EN>HU, translation
– 96,000 words, Turbine maintenance, HU proofreading
– 4,000 words, Sawmill controller manual, EN>HU translation
– 10,000 words, Data Protection for a medical software, EN>HU translation
Please see the About me section
IAPTI, ProZ Certified Pro, TWB
“He is fast-responsive and a reliable source of expert translations” (Ana Šavli – Hieroglifi translation agency)
(István E. Csóka – Mind Power Hungary translation agency)
“Very reliable and fast”
(Kristina Marević – Outsourcer)
“He is very correct and perfect partner.”
(Evelina Dimitrova Dóczi – tourist guide at self-employed)
“We attended the same special English class together with Gabor in 1994/95 and it was evident from early on that he was very talented with languages.”
(Eszter Kocsis – Kongsberg, HR Generalist)
“We have been cooperating with Gabor Nemet since 2013 regarding the translation of documents from English to Hungary and vice versa.
The scope of his work includes:
– translating technical texts from English into Hungarian and vice versa
– editing materials
– translation and cross-cultural adaptation of advertising and mass media texts.
Gabor Nemet is a very hard-working, qualified and motivated professional. The accuracy of his translations and the ability to work under deadline pressure deserve a special mentioning. I can without hesitation recommend Gabor for any translating job or any position that requires in-depth knowledge of Hungarian and English.”
(Natálie Vachatová, NVF Agency)
ANDREA | Why Choose Me?
I have 20+ years of experience in Hungarian translation services, proofreading, interpreting, subtitling and teaching services. I am reliable, I work fast and always strive to meet professional standards.
I am a native Hungarian speaker. I obtained my university diploma of English and Hungarian languages and literature in 1991, and since then I have been teaching both languages and have also been doing various types of jobs as a freelancer, such as Hungarian translation, interpreting, proofreading, editing, blog- and article writing etc.
I am responsive via Skype and e-mail as well. I am an ideal candidate to be employed or hired in a multicultural and multilingual context and have the ability to work with people of many different nationalities and ages, which I have gained experience in during my 20+ years of professional career.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you are looking for an experienced and reliable person to do high-quality work for you.
I have attached the link of my Upwork profile where you can find some of the jobs I have completed and the feedback received.
freelancer at Upwork.com and TranslatorsCafé.com
teaching in an international environment
subtitling at Sfera Studios
taking part in various linguistic projects
Reviews on my Hungarian Conference Interpreting services are available on request
01 2013 Freelance Hungarian Interpreter
Hungarian Public service interpreter, working in wide range of establishments
-Magistrates Court,-County Court,-Crown Court,-High Court, -Asylum Tribunal
-Police Custody,-Probation Service,-Prison visit,
-Local Council-Social Services, -Housing Department…
-Health Care – General Practitioner, -Surgery, -Hospital Ward, Dietician…
- 01 2011 Care Choice, Social care. Work with people with learning disability, mental illness, behavioral problem and complex needs in their own home and their local community.
- 08 2009 Wiltshire County Council Middlefield Day Centre, Chippenham Relief later permanent Support worker. Work with people with learning disability, mental illness, behaivoural problem and complex needs in Council establishments.
- 09 2008 Royal High School, Bath, Cook in a private boarding school. Produce freshly made breakfast lunch and dinner and other food for pupils and staffs.
- 09 2007 Grafters Group, Ltd Bath, Relief Chef, part time, after full time. Working in wide range of establishments.
- 06 2005 Agincare Ltd, Weymouth, Care worker, domiciliary care. Work with elderly, and disabled people in their own home.
- 2000 Hungarian Inland revenue, Capital Directory for Prominent Taxpayer
- VAT Return Department. Revisor
- 2001 Fodor József National Center for Public Health
National Institute of Chemical Safety
Officer in charge of tenders
- 2002 Aqualing Swimming Pools and Accessories Ltd. – Financial assistant
Family business – all aspect of daily finances, and reports. Bookkeeping.
- 2003 – 2005 Accountant position in Local Council:
- Budapest VIII. District, Albert Szent-Györgyi Primary And Secondary Grammar School – Accountant and Financial Assistant
- Budapest XVI. District Council Policlinic – Accountant and Financial Assistant
- Budapest VIII. District Erdélyi Road School – Accountant
- Hungarian: mother tongue
- English: Fluent (Professional Development)
- good ability of getting into contact with people
- stress bearing ability at a high level
- analytical skill
- computer literacy at user level (MS-Office programs)
Driving licence, Criminal Record Check
- regular driver (full vocational licence B, C, E)
- I hold enhanced Criminal Record Bureau check with the update service. (Portable DBS)
- Police security vetting
Key Skills and Achievements
• Native level of Hungarian and English languages, with understanding many accents and dialects as well as familiar with culture, tradition, professional and everyday life of both countries through living, working and studying
• Courses and qualifications include DPSI English Law qualification in translating, English Courses, Manicure, Pedicure and Nails qualifications, Accountancy and Finance, Economics, Social Sciences in two languages.
• Good understanding of social and digital media and marketing and good people skills
• Enhanced DBS check
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists
• Fully mobile car owner with clean driving licence
Self-employed Nails by Katie 2006 – now
Self-employed owner of Nails by Katie, a manicure, pedicure and artificial nails home based salon, where I get to meet many people and as a result I am very experienced in running business, organising diaries and communicating to the public and build good relationships with clients and the trade. As well as gaining some secretarial skills using MS Word and word processors, Excel, I also designed my fliers and pricelists using QuarkExpress and Photoshop. I photograph some of my work that I display on my social sites. I also have to ensure the books are kept up to date. I have designed my websites – www.nailsbykatie.co.uk and www.thenailfiles.co.uk, although I used some help building them I also learnt basic HTML and CSS coding languages alongside to use in need of alterations.
Waitress Grahams on The Green 2005-2006
Part time waitress as part of a team in Writtle’s new a la carte restaurant in flexible working hours, managing a section of 5-6 tables making sure the guests are receiving service to a high standard.
Waitress Waterfront Place 2004–2005
Part time waitress in a busy Chelmsford based privately run restaurant complex as part of a large team. I had to work in a shift pattern managing a section of about 8-10 tables with a fast turn, taking and managing orders and serving drinks and food.
Waitress Pizza Express 2002-2003
Part time waitress working alongside my young family in the busy Chelmsford based brunch as part of a big team, where I had work in a shift pattern managing a section of 8-10 tables with a fast turn, taking and managing orders and serving food.
Took time off to raise my family 2001-2002
Processing Post Person Royal Mail Chelmsford Sorting Office 2000-2001
Part time mail sorting in the Royal Mail local sorting office, where I had to work in a shift pattern while I was in full time education studying English.
Mother’s help for the Musto family in Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex, looking after three lovely children, helping with their homeworks and generally around the home.
Foreign Exchange Cashier Exclusive Change (Budapest) 1999
Cashier in a various exchange offices, where I had to deal with large amount of currencies, cashing up, balancing tills, meeting and assisting customers with many different kinds of enquiries relating to foreign currency, finance as well as local information. I left when I come over to the UK to learn English.
Foreign Exchange Cashier Interchange (Budapest) 1997-1998
I was a cashier in a dynamic exchange office as part of a team of three people working in flexible working hours, dealing with large amount of currencies. I had to do the cashing up, balancing tills, meeting and assisting customers from all over the world with many different kinds of enquiries relating to the currencies as well as tourism.
Data management Geodézia (Budapest) 1993-1994
I had to insert and manage geological data in a digital environment for the company as part of a team as well as working individually.
Education and Qualifications
Diploma in Public Service Interpreting Course 2015-2016
English Law Pathway with Metropolitan University London, where we have also taken part in many Interpreting CPD events that the university organised including Interpreting in Business Setting that we have received certificates of, and passed the DPSI translations part of the examinations.
Open University BA (Hons) Business Studies 2008 – 2009
Subjects: Social sciences level 1, Economics and Economic Change level 1
Finance and Accountancy University Budapest 1995 – 1999
(Pénzügyi és Számviteli Főiskola, Budapest)
Subjects: Economics Level 1 and 2, Business Mathematics Level 1 and 2, ITC in Business Level 1 and 2, Production and Service Management, Introduction to Finances, Operation Research, Business Communications, Statistics, Tax Studies, Accountancy, English, Economic Planning and Management
Raday Pal Grammar School 1991 – 1995
(Ráday Pál Gimnázium, Pécel)
6 GCSEs including Mathematics, History, Hungarian Literature, Hungarian Grammar, English, ITC
Further Courses and Qualifications include: Nailtiques Manicure Course (London, 2012), CND Shellac Course (Hinckley, 2010), Manicure, Pedicure and Nails Course NVQ Level 2 (Budapest, 2004), CND Acrylic and Gels Course (Budapest, 2004), English Courses (Chelmsford Collage and London 1999 – 2000)
Activities and Interests
Friend of the Royal Astronomical Society, a science, astronomy and space studies enthusiast. Other interests include exercise, swimming, reading fiction and classical novels, watching movies, socialise, also have some interest in certain current affairs and like to learn new things
Please get in touch for references